ame-mura

Live House Pangea vs. Winnie Forget Me Not Tour 10th Anniversary 2012

10:50 PM

I do love the random English printed on things in America-mura, but I also can't help but wonder what some of it is supposed to mean.

I mean.. I guess I understand what they're trying to say.. or not.

The super gangsta cars were parked right behind this sign, but since they looked like gang bangers, I didn't want to snap a photo D:

Do love their pimped out rides though.


Anyway, that's neither here nor there, since this post isn't about America Village gang bangers. It's about going to a show! YEA!

And cherry-flavored beer from Belgium, which is, as far as I'm concerned, the best thing ever. Check that out at your local Bikkuri Donkey steak house. :)

After downing two of these delicious-nesses, we headed on over to Live House Pangea for the 3-man (well, technically 3-band, but they never say that..) show.








Pangea is a relatively new live house, according the website, as they opened in 2011. And they seem to cater to mostly indie bands, of the punk variety. But that's mostly conjecture based on the flyers I saw hanging in the front area. The bathrooms are awesomely clean though. AND there's a disco ball. OOH-OOH! *disco dance*

Access Info:
〒542-0086
大阪市中央区西心斎橋2-10-34
(Osaka-shi Chuo-ku Nishi-Shinsaibashi 2-10-34)
心斎橋ウエスト363ビル1F
(Shinsaibashi West 36 Bldg. 1F)
Official Website

This spot is quite literally right down the street from San-kaku Kouen (Triangle Park). And thankfully, there's a map on the website, so check it out for more accurate instructions. If you're catching the train out here, then Namba Station on the Midosuji Line/Sennichimae Line/Yotsubashi Line or Shinsaibashi Station on the Yotsubashi Line/Nagahori Tsurumi-ryokuchi Line/Midosuji Line will get you close.
(Note: The different colors are the colors of the train lines if you look at the Osaka Subway map.)

Tickets for the show were 2500 yen (including the drink ticket for the live house), so that wasn't so bad. Plus we were all a little tipsy already from our beer outing, so everything was pretty legit as far as we were concerned ;)

I really wanted to try and nab decent photos, but people were setting up camp near the front and not really trying to let people through.. (I did get a lot of cool lens flares though :D)

Plus, the first band, Four Get Me A Nots, is pretty popular, so I just gave up and started snapping from where I was.

Clearly, I had no idea how popular they were, because as soon as they started their first song, people just started going wild. Moshing occured soon after.

The pit was kind of weird.. It started off with just 2 or 3 guys just jumping on other people, and though they were really polite about it, it was a bit annoying. They also weren't really timed to the music, but thank goodness there were no moves to remember ala pop group style.

Oh, and they were trying to crowd surf. On our tiny crowd of like.. one hundred and seventy-five peeps. Not cool. :/

The second band to take the stage was Ivory7 Chord.

They were pretty mellow compared to the first band, and I only got this one good photo of them.

The keyboardist/guitarist was cute too. Dangit :/






The last band on stage was Winnie, the main event. They actually quite good, and I really enjoyed their set, but by this time, I was getting exhausted from trying to get down in a winter coat. Next time, no winter coat~

Two of the bands had female guitarists, which is always nice to see in this male-dominated world. It was a little creepy the way the guys gathered in front of them though :x



I also to some video of the bands Four Get Me A Nots and Winnie. Nothing for Ivory7 Chord though (I explain why in the vid if you're curious).

This weekend is my belated farewell party with my former co-workers. I have a feeling tears will flow, so I better not put on too much make-up D: And then I'll finally be doing some legitimate sakura viewing, so hopefully I'll be able to make a video about that soon. Yaaaaay.

★Peaces★

You Might Also Like

No comments: